Monday, August 20, 2012

IN HER EYES


In her eyes



   Just last week, while going about my day,

I passed a woman whom didn’t seem okay.

   I caught her eyes and she caught mine,

so we smiled and spoke, our energies seemed to align.

  The closer we got the more I could see,

there was something about her, that wasn’t quite right to me.

   I couldn’t understand why I needed to know her,

so I initiated a conversation and watched her demeanor.

   She was very polite she was also pretty,

I could tell by her style she was raised in the city.

   Now I’m not the type to pry, but what can I say,

 I could tell she needed help from the moment she said “Hey”.

   As she began to open up, I could easily see her plight.

She was trapped in a box, her soul needed to take flight.   

  This woman and I, we now talk all the time,

the goal for our union is to one day become sublime.

  She shares her secrets and I share my thoughts,

we talked about everything, from birthing to pots.

  When I pass by a mirror I look in and smile,

the new look in her eyes says it’s all been worthwhile.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am in love with your site...please keep posting...I will keep visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you sis. Peace and Prosperity be unto you.

    ReplyDelete